Table of Contents
Spotify is a popular music streaming platform that allows you to listen to your favorite music from around the world. Spotify has been around since 2008 and has grown to become one of the most popular music streaming services with over 365 million active users across 178 markets.
The platform has a wide range of features that make it easy for users to discover new music, create and share playlists, and connect with friends and family.
The ability to change your username is one of the great features offered by Spotify. Your username is the name that appears on your profile, and it is what people use to search for you on the platform. In this article, I will discover the different ways to change your Spotify username.
Why Do You Need To Change Your Username?
When you first sign up for Spotify, the platform automatically assigns you a username, which is usually a random combination of numbers and letters. This set of numbers and letters neither looks good to look at nor is easy to remember. It also does not give a feeling of personalization.
This can become a problem sometimes. For example, you want to send the latest single of one of your favorite artists to your friend, to check it out. To do this, you need to connect with your friend over Spotify.
To do that you need to send your username to your friend so that they can add you on their Spotify. This is where the problem is. Spotify has assigned you a very wordy username that does not make any sense at all and is hard to remember.
This is where you get the feeling to change your Spotify username to something more memorable or easier to share with others.
Whether you don’t like your current username and want to update it, or you need to change it at someone’s suggestion, whatever your reason is, after following this article, it will be a piece of cake for you to change your Spotify username.
In this article, you are going to learn about every possible way and method to change your Spotify username in detail, one by one. I will also look at how to change your Spotify username using a mobile device and a PC.
How to Change Your Spotify Username
Changing your Spotify username is a simple process. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your Spotify username using a mobile device.
Open the Spotify app on your device. You can download the Spotify music app from the google play store or app store in case you don’t have it downloaded already.
Enter your username and password in the given area to log in. Sign in if it’s your first time using the application.
There is a profile icon or your profile picture on the top right corner of the page, tap that icon to go to the profile page.
Tap on the “Edit Profile” button located underneath your profile picture.
Under the “Username” section, you will see your current username. Tap on the pencil icon next to your username to edit it.
Enter your new username in the text field. Your new username must be between 2 and 15 characters long and can only contain letters, numbers, and underscores. After entering your new username, click on the “Save” button.
After you have saved your new username, Spotify will ask you to confirm your changes. Confirm by clicking on the “ok” button.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed your Spotify username. It’s important to note that changing your username will not affect your playlists or saved music.
Learn How you can change your Spotify username using a laptop or PC
- Log in to your Spotify account on your laptop or PC. You can do this by opening the Spotify app and entering your login credentials. If you don’t have the Spotify app on your PC, then go to the play store and download the app.
- After you have logged in, click on your profile icon located in the top right-hand corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will open up showing several options.
- Select “Account” from the drop-down menu. This will take you to your Spotify account page.
- Scroll down to the “Username” section and click on the “Edit profile” button.
- Enter your desired username in the “Username” field. Make sure that the username is available and doesn’t violate Spotify’s terms of service. You need to choose your new username carefully as you are allowed to change it only once every 30 days.
- Once you’ve entered your new username, click on the “Save Profile” button at the bottom of the page. Your new username will be saved, and you’ll be redirected to your account page.
It’s important to note that changing your Spotify username won’t affect your saved playlists, followers, or any music you’ve uploaded to the platform. However, any links or playlists that you’ve shared with your previous username will no longer work.
Connect with Facebook
This is another way to change your Spotify username. By connecting your existing account with Facebook, you get to change your username, as it gets replaced by your Facebook name.
If you don’t have an existing Spotify account and have just downloaded Spotify to get started, you can sign up with Facebook. After signing up, you will find that the username section is showing your Facebook name.
This way Spotify will not assign you a username having random numbers and letters, and you’ll get a personalized Spotify username.
One thing to keep in mind is that you should have a Facebook account before connecting it to your Spotify account.
Connect with Facebook using your Smartphone
- Open the Spotify application on your phone and go to the home page.
- On the upper right corner of the home page, click on the “settings” option.
- Scroll down to the “Social” section and select “connect to facebook”
- Enter your login credentials and then click the “Login” button.
- Now your Spotify account is connected to your Facebook.
- This will also change your username to your Facebook name.
Connect with Facebook using your PC
- Go to the Spotify application and open it.
- On the home page, you will find a drop-down arrow icon on the top right corner of the page.
- After clicking on the arrow icon, a drop-down menu will be shown.
- Select the “Settings” option from the menu.
- Now go to the “Social” section of the settings.
- There you will find the “Connect with Facebook” option. Click on it.
- After that, a login page will open.
- Enter your login credentials and then click the “Login” button.
- Now your Spotify account is connected to your Facebook account.
- Also, your username is changed to your Facebook name.
Can someone change their Spotify username using the Spotify website?
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to change your Spotify username using the Spotify website. The only way to change your username is through the mobile app.
However, you can still access your account settings and make other changes to your profile, playlists, and account information by logging in to the Spotify website. Here is how you can access your account settings on the Spotify website:
- Open your web browser and ” www.spotify.com.” on the search bar. Open the official page.
- Locate the log-in button on the page and click on it.
- Enter your Spotify username and password in the space given and click on the “Log In” button.
- Once you are logged in, click on your profile picture located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Account” option from the dropdown menu to go to your account settings.
- From here, you can make changes to your account information, such as your email address, password, and subscription status. You can also manage your playlists, follow other users, and discover new music on the Spotify website.
Spotify is a fantastic music streaming platform that offers a wide range of features and services. Changing your username on the platform is a simple process that can help you personalize your profile and make it easier for people to find you.
In addition to changing your username, there are many other features and services that Spotify offers that can help you discover new music, create playlists, and connect with friends and family. Whether you are a casual listener or a music aficionado, Spotify has something for everyone.
In conclusion, changing your Spotify username is a simple process that can be done using a laptop or PC. By following the steps outlined above, you can update your username to something more personalized and easier to remember. Just be sure to choose a username that’s available and doesn’t violate Spotify’s terms of service, and remember that you can only change your username once every 30 days.